]]>

« Home | Show 3 - Finding a voice... » | Comments problem resolved » | Finniston spotlight show » | Show 2 » | Show No.1 »

Monday, September 26, 2005

Play show or right-click to download Show 4 - The Edinburgh Bands

This time it's local....

Everything's been done in a bit of a rush this week as life has managed to get in the way and alter my usual plans. But nevertheless the Three From Leith podcast is proud to bring you three Edinburgh bands who've really opened my eyes.

I'm amazed at the wealth and breadth of the talent that exists here in Edinburgh. I knew there were bands playing, but I didn't know just how professional and talented they were ! I'd been sitting here thinking that most of the talent was based in Glasgow after listening to what Mark at the Tartanpodcast was showcasing. I couldn't have been more wrong ! That'll teach me to be so blind to what's going on around me...

I'm therefore really happy to be able to bring these bands to the fore and to get them out there. So if you're a band based in or around Edinburgh, or know someone who's in one, drop me a line and introduce yourself / yourselves. Why not email me a track or send me a CD (email me for the address). There are more local band shows coming soon on Three From Leith, so make sure you book your place on them !

So please enjoy the following bands, and if you like what you hear please visit the artists' websites and drop them a line. I know that they'd be chuffed to bits to hear from you and what you think of their music - so go on; make their day ! Tell 'em that Grant from Three From Leith sent you...

Triptamine - I Am Abstract

Opal Sky - Special Suzie

Slowjet - Black Cross


Special thanks to Denis Kitchen for the background music (Cebrella) and intro (Groove IT)

There will definitely be a lot more coming from Edinburgh bands soon, plus something very special which will be exclusive to Three From Leith, so stay subscribed and don't miss it !

And remember to leave your comments below and let me know what you think. Say something. I dare ya !!



My Odeo Channel (odeo/93fd212656195c9e)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

For any of you who heard our forthcoming single "Black Cross" on the latest podcast and would like to receive a copy, please visit our website (www.slowjet.co.uk) or email us (contactslowjet@yahoo.co.uk) with your name and address and we'll be in touch as soon as we can.

If you enjoyed our new single and would like to catch us live, please come along to one of the following dates on our forthcoming tour:

Thu 20 Oct: Dundee Drouthy Neebors
Fri 21 Oct: Aberdeen Cafe Drummond
Sat 22 Oct: St Andrews Cellar Bar
Sun 23 Oct: Glasgow PostGrad Uni Bar QMU
Wed 26 Oct: Newcastle Head of Steam
Thu 3 Nov: Paisley Bungalow Bar @ Lush
Fri 4 Nov: Edinburgh Bannermans

In the meantime, keep listening in to "threefromleith" podcasts and thanks to Grant for his support.

slowjet

I finally managed to download the full show (my problems, not yours or anyone else's except the nice people at (a) Sony and (b) Panda). Listened 7 October. Great tracks. Thanks to all 3 artists.

GABOR

Add a comment

 

About me

Vote / Other TFL sites

Contact Details

Call me!

Feed details / Subscribe

Donations to the show


I use & recommend the excellent:

RSSRadio

as my podcatcher


Scottish podcasting
Your guide to podcasts, each and every week - PromoPicker.com
My Odeo Channel
Podcast directory
UK podcasting at its best - britcaster.com
podsafe music network
garageband.com

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates