]]>

« Home | In the News... the Evening News ! » | Show 23 - The Backpackers » | Show 22 - The Edinburgh Bands 2 » | Site problems sorted ! » | Show 21 - Rocking again ! » | Show 20 - Happy New Year ! » | Problem with show 20... » | Show 19 - New Year coming, new songs to hear ! » | The Missing Christmas track is here ! » | Video interview with Hungry Lucy »

Monday, January 30, 2006

Play show or right-click to download Show 24 - East & West


Three songs, two from the East of Scotland and one from the West ! Evening News and Evening Times - yes, Edinburgh and Glasgow !

This week's show was done whilst reclining in my lovely new chair; does it make me sound more laid back ?!



I seem to be on a run of Scottish music at the moment, but as I explain in the show I'm being inundated with incredible music from local bands. Doing one show a week playing three tracks means that I'm just not able to fit in everything that I want to play. So, to all the bands still waiting to be played, bear with me - I'm getting there !!

This week's bands who came out of the big lucky bag of splendiferous tunes are:



The Silent Revolution - Tonight
Email the band
MySpace
Buy the music

Chocyamo - Bernard Drake
Email the band
MySpace
Buy the music - contact the band for details

The Ocean Floor - The Whole Animal
Email the band
MySpace
Buy the music

Splendid soundbeds as always by torchomatic

Comments by Jasna
TFL Synth voices by Alex Aitken

This week's Scottish Expression is "blether" as I'm sometimes accusing Jasna of being one when she havers on (I'll cover 'haver' another time !!)

Apologies for the rather shortened shownotes this week; I'm still looking after Jasna more nights a week than usual so time is rather short again. Maybe next week....


Thank you for continuing to support the independent artists in 2006 by listening, feeding back and buying their music.


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

Nice chair! Thank goodness for January pay, eh? ;-)

Three excellent tracks as usual, Grant. I really enjoyed that one by the Ocean Floor. For some reason when Mark played them it didn't grab me (hope it wasn't the same track!)

No 25 next week - sort of a milestone. I'm looking forward to someting special - Five from Leith?

Add a comment

 

About me

Vote / Other TFL sites

Contact Details

Call me!

Feed details / Subscribe

Donations to the show


I use & recommend the excellent:

RSSRadio

as my podcatcher


Scottish podcasting
Your guide to podcasts, each and every week - PromoPicker.com
My Odeo Channel
Podcast directory
UK podcasting at its best - britcaster.com
podsafe music network
garageband.com

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates