]]>

« Home | Show 4 - The Edinburgh Bands » | Show 3 - Finding a voice... » | Comments problem resolved » | Finniston spotlight show » | Show 2 » | Show No.1 »

Friday, September 30, 2005

Play show or right-click to download Show 5 - The Hits Show

Three songs this week that all deserve to be massive. You'll catch yourself singing along very quickly to every one, and the melodies will stick with you and play away in the back of your mind for a long time to come.

Ladies and gentlemen, please be upstanding for tonight's star acts:

David William - Come & Go

Lena - Step On The Gas

Amplifico - Combing My Soul For More


Once again, if you liked anything you heard on Show 5, please visit the artists' websites and drop them a note telling them. Be sure to mention that Three From Leith sent you !

Apologies for the noise during my discussion of Lena - I have to record the vocals into my iRiver as my old Pentium 2 antique can't cope with 'live' recording, and occasionally the hard drive spins up to speed and causes a bit of a whine which is picked up by the mic.

(Since recording this week's show, I had the following further information from Lena's collaborator / writing partner Niclas Johannesen:

"[Lena's album is] released in Denmark on October 17. Can also tell you that Step On The Gas has been released as radio single in Denmark and is added at playlists on both the biggest stations P3 and P4 on national Danish Radio (DR) and it's on hot rotation at a commercial station called Radio Mojn in Southern Jutland."
)


E-mail this post



Remember me (?)



All personal information that you provide here will be governed by the Privacy Policy of Blogger.com. More...

thanks grant. just finished listening to your show. I really am hooked on this whole podcast business thing now. Great stuff. Love your adorably cute intro and outro :-)

We hope to have a lots of new recorded material ready for demo preview within the next month or so. As soon as i am back in tip top shape after this bout of illness, i will be laying vocals down on 11 tunes hopefully next week. So as soon as it mixed and ready we will send to you for your podcast playing pleasure!

Thanks for the gig plugs too! All the best x

Hi Grant

What is it with you scots? I now download three from leith regularly. It's one of only two music podcasts I can be bothered with - along with a certain other scottish podcast from Glasgow! THe answer to my question is, of course, the music. and the kids. Of course your child's dad's the best!

I'll listen to no's 6 & 7 over the weekend. Maybe with some trepidation as I could never see the point of Barclay James Harvest.

All the best

GABOR

Add a comment

 

About me

Vote / Other TFL sites

Contact Details

Call me!

Feed details / Subscribe

Donations to the show


I use & recommend the excellent:

RSSRadio

as my podcatcher


Scottish podcasting
Your guide to podcasts, each and every week - PromoPicker.com
My Odeo Channel
Podcast directory
UK podcasting at its best - britcaster.com
podsafe music network
garageband.com

Locations of visitors to this page

Powered for Blogger
by Blogger Templates